Tuesday, August 31, 2010

This page was done for a www. projectscrapbook09.blogspot.com challenge to make a page inspired by our favorite outfit or accessory. Here is what I made and how it inspired me.


"This is a scrapbook page built around the pic that inspired me, the shimmering gold reminded me of a treasure. With all the events of the past year I don't have a recent picture of Mina and I. Not being a fashionista or very into clothes and accessories, I needed some inspration and so asked Mina. She pulled out the Gold jacket from my closet. I remebered the last time I wore it was to have these pictures done. I've always held close to Mina. She is afterall my miracle in more ways than one. First with being told we couldn't have kids, to finding we were expecting. To the nine months of being told she wouldn't survive to finally holding her in our arms for the first time. She came out with eyes wide open! She was always ready and excited to see the world. Then the heartbreak of hearing about her heart deformation and the possibilities of surgery for our 6 day old baby. Then the miracle of 9 years surgery FREE! Then the scariest of all... finding out my 8 year old had a stroke. Those are words I never associated with anyone under 60 let alone a seemingly healthy little girl. But finding the cause had been from a developing seizure disorder that I really didn't understand or knew if the still expiremental medicine would help or not, was a little too much. A year and a half later and a full phyc evaluation and retesting shows not only did the medicine work, but it proved better than expected. Our little angel will make a full recovery. Of course compared to others these trials and thus miracles may seem trivial. But to us, our world crumbled then miraculously shone forth with renewed beauty. So be it as it may, My little Filimina Angelic Pearce is my miracle, my angel. She always has been and always will be, one of my greatest treasures."
Becka

No comments:

Post a Comment