Monday, February 21, 2011

Valentines Day Party

I love baking... not eating... just baking. I know strange for someone not to like sugar cookies and cupcakes. But really... not my favorite. Now, fresh baked cherry pie or chocolate chip cookies? That's another story. I was really glad to volunteer to make cupcakes for Jasons work party and Mina's daddy daughter valentine dance. I got to make these fun and VERY PINK cupcakes. the tops are melted and molded chocolates. obviosly the brown are milk chocolate and the various shades and marbled pinks are white chocolate with food coloring. I actually made double chocolate and vanilla flavored cupcakes but it looks like this only shows the chocolate. We love target for holiday sprinkles. they have new sprinkles for every holiday!!



Of course we made shaped cookies again this year! I think this may be the kids favorite tradition since every year we add a clearance cookie cutter to our collection to use the "next time" haha. Anyway, this year we made chocolate sugar cookies just to try it. I must admit they turned out yummy! But they were softer and more cake like, than chewey in the middle- crunchy on the outside cookie I generally like.Still... there wasn't a crub left on the plate when people were done with them.




Here are the tissue paper pom poms and our lovely decorations... including a christmas light border around the sliding door! Mina of course just ate a candy that dyed her mouth the color of her shirt! haha. Even Ben and Nate got into the fun of decorating all girly like. haha! They punched the mini heart confetti that went on our centerpiece. Don't mind the messy kitchen... we are busy playing!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Becca how I miss you and your families. I keep up with sarah on facebook on I run inti Nate all the time. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too Jen been a long time how are you?

    ReplyDelete